blessed are the easily amused

Friday, February 06, 2004

news

The good news is: I've figured out, with the very able assistance of uncle Art the friendly camera man, that news is not my bag. When I wake up, my first thoughts are not "So where exactly are we with this malicious prosecution case today?" and "Oooh, boy, is that communications flack with the police service ever gonna have a brouhaha on his hands today!" My thoughts are more along the lines of "berries... shadowy remnants of dream...smell of grass...my head is much like a small water mammal."

The not-so-good news is I have a month left on the lousy desk at cbc. The place I have been sent to learn the business of news, to peer into the gloom from whence stories come. (And I see now that it comes pretty much from the whim of minds not much more orderly than my own.)

The crippling news is: So what the hell am I supposed to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home