blessed are the easily amused

Monday, May 17, 2004

I bought a laptop.

So far I have changed the desktop background 7 times, tried to set the language preference to Canadian English 12 times (unsuccessfully), and toted it around with me nonchalantly 25 times. Hell, it's practically paid for itself already.

Also, the other day I met Booker Prize-Winning Novelist Yann Martel (TM). I interviewed him about fair trade - he seems to give a shit about that, which rather fits the persona. Then, later, he came up to me and said, "Do you work for Melvin TV?"

I was like, "yeah, actually I'm freelance, so sometimes I work for Melvin TV and sometimes i work for the Mothership; I mostly like doing features and stuff because I can get more in-depth..."

"So can you tell me how pay per view works? Because there's this boxing match I want to watch tomorrow."

Yeah. Boxing match. Huh.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

trying to rebuild comments and links with this spanky new template. arrg.

Tue May 18, 05:39:00 PM

 
Blogger lisa said...

How come I can't have links with the spanky template? Or can I?

Wed May 19, 10:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home