blessed are the easily amused

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Here I am. Rock you like a hurricane?

Do you ever have those moments when you catch your reflection in the window of the expensive furniture store and think, "That is me. Just me, my body, and it could be anywhere, doing anything. I could take it to Lebanon tomorrow. There's nothing big stopping me. I could be living on the West side with 4 babies, riddled with ritalin and the paw prints of mean men. I could go back to Bali and try to find the monkey whose tail I grabbed and form a special primate bond, and make a monkey orchestra. But somehow, the cosmic lottery has gently placed me in front of this window in a small city in North America, my image superimposed over armoires and silky settees"?

That's right after you wonder if your ass could possibly be as big as the furniture store window is telling you it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ass just right; silky settees make everything look big.

G

Tue Jun 01, 01:08:00 PM

 
Blogger lisa said...

Big brothers, on the other hand, make everything sound just right. Good to have one.

Tue Jun 01, 01:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home