blessed are the easily amused

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

dating chronicles 1: from the mailbag

Dear Bugs, when was your last date?

Well, let's just say the last time I had a date it was for malteds and cheeseburgers after the sock hop, and later I chipped my ecstatic blog entry into a stone tablet.

But it's funny you should ask, dear reader, because I will be going on a date this week. Oh sure, it's like riding a bicycle. Once you learn, you never forget how. And there's the disconcerting possibility of hit-and-run injuries.

We're going to a bullfight and then out for absinthe and cupcakes. I'll be sure to post all the fabulous details.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out exactly what a date is. Maybe that'll help me decide what to wear. Advice on the wardrobe, philosophy and etiquette of dating is welcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger miss.nicola said...

Lisa Leesa have much fun and remember you are fantastic. He might be too.

Wed Feb 02, 11:05:00 PM

 
Blogger steininger said...

The obvious: Just be yourself.
If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works. It all comes down to intention. Good luck.

Thu Feb 03, 06:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Rambling Rose Cottage said...

Your date sounds wonderful! Have fun!

Thu Feb 03, 06:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home