blessed are the easily amused

Monday, August 22, 2005

a moving tale

I confess to my friend (we'll call him Mr. Smarty Pants) that my new roommate is, in fact, my ex. (See dating chronicles 1 through 5)

friend: Well, that's a disaster.

me: I suppose so. But he's got a table.

f: So I could have my table back?

m: Yeah, and he bakes really good muffins.

f: I see. You are completely deluded.

m: Well, we're all platonic and stuff now, so it'll be totally fine, and he's met someone else already, and incidentally she's young enough to be my, you know, niece or something, and I have totally moved on... Who's your new roomate going to be?

f: This girl I met three days ago. We're in love. She's dropping out of school and moving here from Burundi to be with me.

m: Aw, that's awesome.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Aug 22, 03:41:00 PM

 
Blogger lisa said...

That was a lot of spam. Gelatinous and pink; I do not like it, spam I am.

Tue Aug 23, 09:38:00 AM

 
Blogger lisa said...

no, no - I'm staying put, just expanding my menagerie.

Wed Aug 24, 06:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home