blessed are the easily amused

Thursday, November 16, 2006

like my dad always says -

I'm so far behind I think I'm first. The forwarder I go, the behinder I get. Etcetera.

Yay! I'm one quarter done my novel. Booooo, I'm one half done the month. For those of you who read my excerpt at nanowrimo (author name lisalouise), I'll swap it for another bit that falls later in the story.

For those of you who may have wished to comment but were unable to, I've opened the gates and welcome your remarks. I actually didn't realize the gates were shut. It was unintentional blog-snobbery.

And yes, this writing process is both a giant pain in the ass and a tremendous learning experience. I can't stand what I've written but I can think of little other than improving it.

In other news - I've schmoozed myself into writing an article for HOW, to appear in their 'creativity' issue next June. I find this rather exciting.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Commisioner and McKay said...

Dear Ms. Lisalouise,

Most authors hate what they write. Even the world's greatest end up rejecting as rubbish most of what they wrote.

This is because authors are by definition, introspective and self-critical. They are eccentric, annoying and endlessly irritating. They have few friends and are reduced to a pathetic existence of forging faux friendships on the internet. These traits reside on the same gene as for writing. No doubt they reside on the X chromosome, the Y being a withered wretch bearing only testosterone production and Ultimate Fighting appreciation genes.

You must forge ahead. Your characters are by now living, breathing beings. You must send them to Heaven or Hell. But do not abandon them to live as ghosts locked in a guilt filled purgatorial sector of your brain. They will fester there and morph into hideous creatures that will haunt your dreams.

Naaaaa ahhh. You don't want that. Noooooooo.

Cheers and Good Mental Health

And thanks for agreeing to post more. Your stuff ain't bad so long as I feminize my atitude.

Thu Nov 16, 11:32:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simon said...

...he was tormented by that game as a youth.

Man that post from a few days back sure was awesome...the Simon theme song...everyone should check it out.
Is that Whitesnake? I totally need that as a ringtone. Or at least on a tape recorder, to be played whenever I'm needed to spring into action.
If anyone wants to check out my novel (I'm roughly seven thousand words ahead of Lisa...but who's counting?) you can check out the same site, username = evilhomer. I must go to the laptop, my typing skills are needed elsewhere.

Thu Nov 16, 06:32:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear burgeoning author,

Please see me after class - we've got a lot of minor mishaps and merry misconceptions to add and I've got a big red pen. I also have some bombast I've been looking forward to using. What? What's that? Write your own? Nah, my novel would only end up being bowdlerized. Yes, I've been reading "A Glossary of Literary Terms, 5th Ed."

How you feelin' today? It was a pleasure to swill with you last night. Even if the entertainment was not very entertaining and you had to hang with a grade A bore-stein.

Luvs!

Tue Nov 21, 03:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home