blessed are the easily amused

Monday, November 13, 2006

word count: 11, 453

I know that sounds like a lot, but consider that I need to have 50,000 words by the end of the month (which only has 30 days) and some might argue that they should even make sense. No picnic, dear reader. No, trudging off the to the word mines every day to be engulfed by the soot and sweat of creation is a sacrifice not for the faint of heart.

Also, my novel sucks. I should have taken some kind of course first, or read a book or something. I have 38,547 words left to make it a moving tale or a gripping saga or a tightly woven epic or a literary tour-de-force or a steaming pile of dromedary dung.

Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger and then the_doctor said...

is your novel in progress online anywhere?

and best of luck!

Wed Nov 15, 05:41:00 PM

 
Blogger lisa said...

There is an excerpt in the author's section of nanowrimo.org - it's what's passing for an opening paragraph right now. But it may have to go - not sure it really fits with the narrative that's develped since. Insert 5 more disclaimers here, yadda yadda. My nom de plume is lisalouise.

Thu Nov 16, 09:23:00 AM

 
Blogger The Commisioner and McKay said...

As inspiration for your novel, you may be interested to know that I have four (4) ureters. Feel free to include this somewhere in your opening paragraph.

Cheers and Good Mental Health

PS This is not SPAM. Mr. Daviditron, the Good, can vouch for my illegitimacy.

Thu Nov 16, 10:29:00 AM

 
Blogger The Commisioner and McKay said...

Ms. Lisalouise,

I read your excerpt. I did not like it. So I went to make tea and on my return grabbed a nearby cat. I read it again "with feeling".

It is rather good.

Can you swap out the current opening excerpt with the next few paragraphs?

Cheers and Good Mental Health

Thu Nov 16, 10:41:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home